My friends and I had P900 tickets. When we got to the venue we were ushered to the backmost area of the SMX Hall. We wondered where the P450 section was. I asked the ushers and was told that it was the same as the P900 section. I said that wasn't right. They directed me to the ticketing booth.
The ticketers at the booth confirmed the new setup. I asked why the public was not advised about it. They were clueless as well and simply offered to give me a full refund for my ticket. The caveat was if I got the refund I could not watch the show anymore. I said that was not acceptable. I demanded to talk to a supervisor.
A good 10 minutes later a female representative from MTV, the concert producer, appeared. She wondered what the fuss was about. I asked how come the P450 and the P900 ticketholders shared the same free-standing area. She said that they decided to collapse the two areas for financial reasons, as only 50 people bought P450 tickets. And that they had the right as concert producer to do such a thing.
"That's not fair!", I shot back, "and it's bad business practice!" Arrogantly, the rep asked me what I wanted to happen. Get a refund for P450, i told her. She said okay and promptly do the transaction when I presented our tickets.
But wait, there's more! After giving me the refund, the rep had the gall to tell me "This is the last refund we're giving. We can't go on refunding everybody." Nagpanting ang tenga ko at gusto ko sabihing hindi ko na problema yun. At ipagkakalat ko talaga sa loob ng venue about the refund. But all I decided to say was, "I want you to know that, even if you gave me refund, I will go to the press with this matter."
Oh, and the rep was apparently lying through her teeth. According to another concertgoer who was with me the whole time asking for a refund, he was forced to buy P900 tickets because he was told that the P450 tickets were already sold out. So MTV only printed out 50 P450 tickets?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment