Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ghost story

Bilang halloween.

This is not particularly scary. But it's the closest I've gotten to an experience.

It happened on the final night of my father's wake. At one point during the mass that we held, two of the corona ng patay (there were around 10) that surrounded the coffin parted as though someone or something had passed right through the middle. 

How do I know it wasn't just my imagination? I did not see it. I was playing sacristan and commentator so my back was turned against the coffin and the flowers. It was my friends who told me about it after the mass. They swear it could not have been wind or the airconditioning. The movement was quite definite and rather forceful daw.

I took it to mean that dad was happy with the big turnout that night. And that he was particularly pleased with me for taking charge of the mass. Dun kasi siya dumaan sa flowers na galing sa mga kilala ko.

Yun. Told you it's not scary.

Happy Halloween. Happy All Saints Day. Happy All Souls Day. Happy happy!


No comments: