Figures. I'm a festival baby. I lapped up al the Panday films, the early Shake Rattle flicks, HImala and all other Nora filmfest entries, and Regal's family tearjerkers in the '80s. In fact, on its worst year when the jury decided to award only Third Best Picture I watched at least three entries. There was even a year when I marathoned four movies in one day! (Ayun nilagnat ako pag-uwi.)
So this couldn't be a bigger milestone. Well, it could actually if we win an award. But with two Joey Reyes screenplays and a historical film in competition, I'm so not holding out my breath for that.
What I'm really looking forward to is riding our festival float! Para masabi kong tiningala ako at di ma-reach bwahahahahahahaha
Seriously, please tell all your friends, neighbors, kabaranggays, kapamilyas, kapusos, ka-atays, kabalunbalunans, kalitids, kafatids, ka-MUs, churchmates, gymmates, acquaintances, strangers, enemies, even your dearly departeds to support DAYO. 'Wag po tayo maging dayuhan sa pelikulang sariling atin. Matutuwa naman kayo, pramis!
DAYO is the first fully digital animated Pinoy movie, meaning everything was done on the computer and nothing was drawn on paper. It's about Bubuy and Anna, a manananggirl, and their daring rescue of his lolo and lola from the hands of some creatures in a land called Elementalia that's populated with creatures from Philippine mythology. I like to describe it as Shake, Rattle, & Roll in The Amazing Race with The Lord of the Rings. O ha!
Starring the voices of Michael V (as a rocker tikbalang), Pokwang (a mali-mali manananggal), Nova Villa, Noel Trinidad, and directors Peque Gallaga and Laurice Guillen and introducing, ahem-ahem, Eric Cabahug bilang isang...halaman!
I actually voiced another character, a Muslim hito. The scene had to be cut, though, to manage the movie's running time. Maybe he'll finally debut in DAYO Book Two (yes, there are plans!).
Trailer coming soon.
Dizizit!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment